Monday, April 30, 2012

A-Z blogging challenge: U

U is for Ursylla. Ursylla was the second wife and Queen of Oakenvale. Her daughter, Talia Abri, is King Tharyn's only heir and will therefore someday rule Oakenvale. The first book in my Elbion series begins in Sovereign at a festival celebrating her official coronation as Princess.

Ursylla and her daughter were extremely close. Losing her mother at the age of sixteen was very hard for her, but she has found many ways to still feel close to her, including moving into her living quarters in the castle and retaining much of her mother's staff as her own. In fact, even though she's been gone for more than five years, her presence is still strongly felt throughout the castle. Talia and the memory of her mother, are characters to keep an eye on.


I love this picture by fantasy artist Nene Thomas, and though it represents a character in her husband's book (I believe), when I saw it, I thought, that's what my princess should look like. She looks beautiful, but secluded and a little lonely, which is precisely who Talia Abri is.

No comments:

Post a Comment